Employment Type: Full-Time, Temporary (40 hours/week, expires end of November)
Reports To: APACEvotes Program Manager
This is a full-time, temporary community organizer role based in Seattle, WA beginning mid-July. The position will implement outreach and civic engagement strategies targeting Asian American and Pacific Islander voters.
- Recruit, train, and manage interns and volunteers to achieve goals and objectives;
- Develop and implement strategic plans to reach AAPI voters via ethnic media, digital advertising, canvassing, and other voter contact field work;
- Collaborate with community organizations, vendors, and partners to share resources, advocate for AAPI voter education, and increase AAPI participation;
- Work with the Program Manager to strategize multilingual advocacy, educational, and engagement efforts;
- Mobilize community members and allies to advocate on issues.
- Prior experience organizing in immigrant communities and/or familiarity with electoral processes, with commitment to racial equity and social justice;
- Able to walk or stand for up to five hours and sit for up to three;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with allies or constituents;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Willingness to travel within Seattle and accommodate community-based scheduling needs in the evenings and on weekends (requires access to reliable transportation and WA driver’s license);
- Bi-lingual skills in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Vietnamese, or Tagalog are a plus;
- Competitive salary ($3,000 per month);
- ORCA card;
- This position is not benefits eligible.
Send a resume to Emily Tasaka at email@example.com. Include a brief statement of interest explaining how your experience makes you a good fit for this position. No phone inquiries, please. The final application deadline is June 19, 2019. However, applications and interview invitations will be processed and extended on a rolling basis.